Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Fashion Forward or Fashion Faux Pas?

Some runway fashion trends are totally wearable. Take the 2014 spring florals trend that you're seeing everywhere, for example. 

Via
Via
No matter your age, skin tone or body type, florals can work for you. It's just a matter of finding the right fit. 

But what happens when a fashion trend becomes more of a faux pas? For me, the 2014 fashion trend faux pas is the flat, wide strap sandal (think Birkenstocks). In my opinion, there is just no way to make your feet look good (read: narrow and pretty, not fat and flat) in a wide strap sandal. 

Via


Via

Seriously, socks with Birkenstocks? Hello, 1995! I just can't make that look work as a 28 year old in 2014. 

So, if you want to be in on the Birkenstock trend this year, may I suggest an alternative to the Birkenstock Arizona? Say hello to the Birkenstock Gizeh.

Via

They come in tons of fun colors, but my personal fave is the liquid gold, which has proven difficult to find in stock online. 

Via


So, if you're like me and want to be trendy without looking like you've reverted back to your 5th grade wardrobe, try a spin on the Birkenstock trend. Runway styles are definitely not one size/style fits all.

3 comments:

  1. Please don't laugh at me but I'm one of those who occasionally wear socks with Birkenstocks :). I admit I'm not fashion-savvy.
    ~Urailak (Fruit Bearer on Facebook)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm going to try a spin on the Birkenstock trend, this summer. Here, Softmoc Stores sell them. They do look so comfortable to wear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I wouldn't wear socks with sandals, no. But I do like wide straps! Ah, well, Just call me a fashion misfit. :)

    ReplyDelete