Friday, August 22, 2014

Recipe :: Cake Mix Banana Bread


The other day, I had two bananas leftover that were about to go bad.  So of course I made banana bread!  I started prepping and realized I was almost out of flour and completely out of baking soda which created a bit of a problem.  I remembered that I did have some cake mix in the pantry and thought I'd give it a try...and it worked out perfectly!


Ingredients:
1 (15 oz.) box of yellow cake mix
1 egg

1 stick butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
2 overripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Crumb Topping:
3/4 cup flour
2 T brown sugar
2 T granulated sugar
4 T unsalted butter, melted
1/4 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a metal loaf pan.

Combine egg, softened butter and banana in a stand mixer until combined.  Mix in milk, vanilla and cinnamon.  Gradually add in cake mix until well combined.  Pour into greased loaf pan.

Melt butter in a medium size glass bowl in the microwave (I did mine for 30 seconds, stir and another 30 seconds).  Once butter has melted, add in remaining ingredients and mix with a fork making sure it crumbles.  Once you have it in crumbles, sprinkle over bread mixture in the loaf pan.

Bake at 350 F for 45-50 minutes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment