Friday, September 26, 2014

Layered Rugs

I love the look of layered rugs.  It adds an extra texture to the room and a bit of depth.  I started rearranging our living room last night (hello, four months later) and I'm planning on using the rug that was originally in there and layering it with another natural jute rug we have.  I've had layered rugs on my brain and have been looking at some inspiration photos so I thought I'd share with y'all...


DM Living room- Layred cowhide with jute rug, patterened ottoman, slipcover sofa-

EJ Interiors - living rooms - Cowhide rug, Pottery Barn sisal rug, rustic wood coffee table, bricklayer's table, white slipcovered sofa, layered rugs, Horchow mirror, abstract artwork, glass lamp, imperial trellis printed pillows, wood candlesticks, Duralee fabric,

Mediterranean - Layered rugs and a brass floor lamp in a bedroom with french doors and deep-brown walls

Street Scene Vintage: Home Decor Trends: Layered Rugs

dressers

a beautifully simple, fresh, open, neutral bedroom
via domaine


via apartment therapy

Layered Rugs - A pair of upholstered armchairs atop layered rugs
via lonny

Layered Rugs - A gold faux-bamboo coffee table atop layered rugs
via lonny


via sanctuary decor

I've switched around our living room and rearranged several things. I love rearranging furniture!  It just makes the space seem new and fresh without having to go out and buy all new stuff.  Once I have a few things in place, I'll be sure to post pictures!

We're headed up to Mentone, Alabama, on Saturday for a good friend's wedding.  I just know it's going to be beautiful and the setting will be picturesque.  Hope y'all have a great weekend!

1 comment: