Monday, September 15, 2014

Maeci's Makeup Routine

Last week, I talked a little about my skincare regimen. I mentioned that I'm a little high maintenance when it comes to skincare, but I'm a little more laid back with makeup. 

I've never really enjoyed playing in makeup. I've always been more of a necessities kind of girl. So, you'll rarely see me in colorful eye makeup, or any eye makeup besides mascara, really. 

Here are my daily go-to makeup items...


Via

1. Concealer: I have terrible dark circles under my eyes; they're apparently hereditary (thanks, mom!). I like Clinique's All About Eyes Concealer because it works double duty - it covers dark circles while reducing puffiness. It never creases, it lasts all day, and a little goes a really long way, so I only buy it about once a year.



Via


2. Mineral Powder Foundation: This is a new staple. Until about a month ago, I wasn't even wearing foundation (I'm lazy, y'all). But, I succumbed to the fact that I need a little help in the uneven skin tone department. I love the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder because it looks natural, it provides great coverage, and it makes my skin glow. 



Via

3. Blush: I use blush to help brighten my face. My favorite summer blush is Clinique's Iced Lotus - it's bright pink in the compact, but it looks so great on. And, I love NARS Orgasm for fall/winter. 



Via

4. Mascara: Please, if you're going to pick just one makeup item, choose mascara. It makes such a HUGE impact. As I've mentioned before, I love the Benefit They're Real mascara. You can really glam it up with this mascara, but it's great for everyday too.


Via

5. Lipstick: After mascara, lipstick is the second most important makeup item for me. I think EVERY WOMAN looks better with lipstick. Seriously, every single one. It brightens your face and makes your teeth look whiter. Throw on some mascara and lipstick and look like you've actually put effort into getting ready (even though it takes less than 5 minutes). I got some Chanel lipstick for my wedding day. I'd never used it before, and it is a little pricey, but I really like it. It's creamy and just enough color. I'm using Chanel Rouge Coco in Irresistible.

So, that's it. On average, I spend 10 minutes or less doing my makeup each morning. What's your morning makeup routine? Which product can you not live without? 

No comments:

Post a Comment