Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Maeci's Skincare Regimen

I'm totally low maintenance when it comes to makeup, but it's another story when it comes to actual skincare. I think it's so important to take care of what's underneath all that makeup...otherwise, the makeup will never look as good as it should!

So, here's a little peek into my skincare regimen...


Via

1. Monthly facial/dermaplaning: This is my biggest splurge, but I think it's totally worth it. I get a Vitamin C Fusion Facial with dermaplaning once a month. Bonus, the facial includes a neck, shoulder, and hand massage...so relaxing!

Dermaplaning is a simple and quick procedure that basically exfoliates your skin and removes fine hairs. It's nothing like dermabrasion, so don't be scared! There is no heal time, and your skin feels SO SOFT afterwards! 

If you're looking for an esthetician in Montgomery, you should definitely check with Lauren at Montgomery Aesthetics Med Spa! She's the best.



Via

2. Obagi Nu-Derm Cleanser: I started using this cleanser on recommendation from Lauren. It removes my makeup (including my hard to remove mascara) and makes my skin feel squeaky clean. And, it's gentle enough to use twice a day. I'm working my way up to the total Nu-Derm system, but it ain't cheap!



Via

3. Retin A Cream: Both my dermatologist and my esthetician have told me that Retin A is one of the most important components of a good skincare regimen. It helps your skin renew itself so it stays clear and glowing for years to come. I switch between Renova and generic tretinoin cream. I like Renova because it's really creamy and feels more like a lotion than a treatment cream, but it's a little expensive. So, tretinoin cream does the trick and only costs me about $10/tube. And, those little tubes last forever!



Via

4. Moisturizer/sunscreen: I used to never use moisturizer because I was under the (false) assumption that it made my skin oilier. Now, I use it every morning and night. I like the Olay Regenerist system because it's a great value. Moisturizers can be expensive! Plus, the Oil of Olay company has stood the test of time (over 50 years in business), and the products have received great third-party reviews. 

And, it's important to wear sunscreen every day! Believe me, I LOVE the sun. I used to go to the tanning bed in preparation for Spring Break and use tanning oil with no SPF. I was crazy. But then I had a skin cancer scare last year! Luckily, it was Basal Cell Carcinoma, which is the "best" kind of skin cancer you can have. But, I still had to have it removed, and I have an ugly scar on my back. 

Ideally, you'd use a separate sunscreen. But, I prefer to use moisturizer with SPF to cut down on getting ready time. 

So, there you have it. I'll outline my makeup routine later this week (it's much less involved). What is your skincare regimen? Do you have a favorite product you can't live without? Let us know so we aren't missing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment