Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Greek Marinated Chicken Recipe



This recipe is easy and fast, perfect for a weeknight!  I'm always looking for new ways to jazz up chicken and this turned out great.  


Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. chicken breasts (I pounded mine to make them thin)
  • 1 tablespoon salt-free Greek seasoning (I used Cavender's)
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon dried minced onion (like this)
  • 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions:

Add the first 6 ingredients to a gallon-size ziplock bag.  Seal the bag and squish the mixture around a bit making sure to coat the chicken well.  Place the ziplock bag with the marinated chicken in the fridge and let it marinate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.

Once you're ready to cook, add the butter and one tablespoon olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat.  Let the skillet heat up then add your chicken, cooking for about 5 minutes per size depending on thickness.  You'll need to cook in separate batches, making sure to add a bit of oil and/or butter with each batch.


EXTRAS: Once I was finished with the chicken, I added a bit of freshly diced tomatoes to the skillet and cooked them down a bit and added them on top of my chicken.  I paired the chicken with this couscous and did some sautéed spinach.  I also had some tzatziki sauce on hand and used it as a sauce for my chicken.

Enjoy!  Let us know if you make this delicious chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment